Saturday, November 27, 2010

Vinda...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Yup, mission vindaloo accomplished!

Me mum went to the wet market today and got me the spices I need. Unfortunately we couldn't get any methi seeds (also known as fenugreek), so we had to make do without it. Followed the recipe from The Professional Chef, 8th Edition, by the Culinary Institute of America and published by John Wiley & Sons.

Didn't follow the recipe exactly since we didn't have a very accurate weighing machine, but it turned out to be really good. Glad I made it myself, because then I can control the heat (the recipe calls for lots of chillies). My vindaloo isn't very vindaloo-ish though, because it's supposed to be spicy as fuck, and I fucked up the recipe and forget to add vinegar in the spice paste but oh well! Here's a picture:


Apparently vindaloo tastes better as it ages because the proteins absorb the flavour, so I'm gonna wait till tonight before I finish the rest up.

No comments:

Post a Comment