Wednesday, December 15, 2010

T-SHIRT HUNTING

FUCKING GREAT SUCCESS.

Managerial Accounting test today at Temasek Polytechnic. Man I miss the Tampines campus. TASentosa is such a fucking pain in the ass to get to.

The test... wasn't so hard, considering the amount of effort I put into studying the goddamn notes. What's so cool about the test is the setter already prepared all the fucking tables for us to fill in the blanks! And I expecting to draw table after fucking table for fucking profit and loss statements and whatnot. Thanks TP for making students' lives easier.

The test was only one hour, which meant more time for me to generally fuck around. Caught bus 518 outside TP, got off outside Far East Plaza. I originally wanted to go to Raffles City Shopping Centre to check out the Timberland flagship store but I remember their website mentioning a store in Ngee Ann City's Takashimaya departmental store, so that's where I went.

While they mainly focus on outdoor gear, jackets, boots and the like they've got a nice collection of t-shirts there, mostly Earthkeepers t-shirts. So the Earthkeepers is a line of very sexy boots and other outdoor gear by Timberland which are largely made up of recycled materials like PET (the stuff plastic bottles are made of) as well as Green Rubber (recycled rubber, duh). Also like the name suggest Earthkeeping is all about being environmentally responsible and shit like that. I'm not exactly the best "Earthkeeper" around but I bought one of their t-shirts anyway for $35 (originally $49.90). Now I know where to get a nice pair of boots when I need one too (the Caterpillar boots I've seen in Singapore are all pretty darn ugly.) Watch the ad here


Life as an Earthkeeper must be tough. Risking your life for a water bottle? Fuck yeah!

Of course I'm not gonna head home after purchasing just one t-shirt, so I decided to take a walk around Orchard. After a quick lunch at McDonald's. Had their new Double Samurai burger, which was actually pretty fucking good and fucking messy because of all the fucking teriyaki sauce. I liked it alot more than that other McBistro, which is sort of like a regular McChicken with cheese and BBQ sauce. Big deal.

Walked down to Paragon since there was nothing left for me at Ngee Ann City and Wisma Atria. There was a Miss Sixty/Energie outlet there, went in the check it out. The jeans are fucking awesome, and the price very attractive because of the discounts, but the biggest size they had (34) was to small for me (35). Too bad, because I once tried on a pair of size 34 Diesel jeans and they fit me perfectly. Oh well better luck next time.

Feeling slightly disappointed I decided to head on down to the Heeren Shops, since I was already so close to it. Couldn't find a store directory so I just took the escalators all the way up to the fourth floor. Walked past a rather small, dingy store, the kind you normally wouldn't give a shit about, except for the fact that there was a motherfucking awesome Hannya mask t-shirt hanging right by the entrance. I fucking went inside.

The badass Hannya t-shirt

The place is called "Coalition Store". The store owner (I found out he was the owner after some internet digging), really friendly dude. He could tell I was interested in the t-shirts with the really cool oriental designs and sort of introduced me to their latest collection, "Royal Blood".

There was one with a disembodied samurai head with mask and all which I really liked. Go the large, a little tight but fortunately it's discharged printed (which means to apply a design by printing on a colour destroying agent on dark coloured fabric) on pre-shrunk cotton so it'll probably shrink at most 1 to 2%, and I can live with that. Here's a picture


Cost me $39.90, which I think is rather reasonable. Design is intricate and kickass. Unfortunately for me my mother doesn't appreciate disembodied samurai heads and disapproves. Unfortunately for her I like stuff like this, and in any case i'm the one wearing it so I really don't give a shit.

The dude then told me that if I purchase a t-shirt from that particular collection I can get another t-shirt from an older collection for $20, originally $35.90, which is a very good deal. And of course I accepted. Here's a picture of the one that I chose.


It's based on a Japanese Kabuki called "Renjishi", based on "shishi", or stone lions, which are considered guardians in Ancient China. Unfortunately the store didn't have a large for the light blue version so I had to make do with black. They also have some very amazingly intricate hand painted caps, all Asian themed. I don't wear caps so I didn't get any hohoho. Picture


A fucking crazy pair of hands painted that.

After some digging I found out a few things. The label is Singaporean and founded in 2005, called "Culture Coalition". The owner of the Coalition Store and designer of Culture Coalition is called Ignatius, who conceptualises the designs that is then executed by artists around Asia. Asian culture is the main theme of the label. They also have a website, which kinda sucks, and needs some updating, but you can easily find them on Facebook here. Coalition Store also has it's own Facebook fanpage here. Well now I know where to go for t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment